Translate to Spanish

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Letter #30

March 23, 2015  

My handmade Scripture case 
So this week went by super fast again. I thought that things were mostly just fast in hindsight but some how things just accelerate even more!  I feel like I came in and sat down in this little internet cafe like 2 days ago.  Things just are going sooo fast.  I don't know what has changed.

SO today the zone didn't do anything together because nobody has any pisto. ($) All the money just disappeared for the zone this month haha!.  Its weird how different it is trying to keep a hold of the money while there are things that we can actually buy. I am now on the most cheap diet that I could find.  Egg bean hotdog fruits (mango platano banana) some milk and buying the hand made corn tortillas.  We also handed out a food list to the hermanas of SocSoc. (funny story is that we can't say socsoc in the small towns that speak Kiche because it sounds like Ho pa soc.  Ho pa soc means Vamos a la cama.)  So we have food but we are in super careful mode.

I forgot to take a picture of my cases of my scriptures.  Mom, I am sure that what I have is just way cooler than what that guy in Spain has.  I should be getting another scripture case for my Enlgish in the week that comes.

So the fecha we have with the baptism is going super well.  Kevin is going to get baptized along with his son this Saturday.  They are both super happy and we are working super hard to get the two of them ready for the big day.  We are scheduling talks and musical numbers & stuff right now.  The things us missionaries do man.  I feel like I'm working like a caballo. (as my nicaragua comp would say)  Working sooooo freaking hard.  I am just tired.  We are going to be going to two family home evenings tonight.  We hope to get references from them or I don't know what we're going to do.(just work some more and do what I have been doing)  This week I told the bishop that we were going to stop contacting in the streets and only molestar los miembros esta semana.  We are working with so many people but the ward just won't budge.  So now we will just be focusing on mobilizing the ward. 

In the next week I will tell you guys if I have changes or not.  I am about 70 to 30 that I wont have changes.  Really who knows.  Not the missionaries thats for sure.  It would be nice to be able to prepare.  Really after baptizing Kevin I will be super happy to leave and go back out to an aldea that talks Kiche.  I don't get to practice speaking dialect in the city para nada.  Maybe I'll go to a place that speaks mum.  Thats a cool sounding language that I have only learned a few phrases from.  Its just that my area is so small that I have knocked all the doors and I only have 2 changes de estar here.

I am talking to the zonis about getting the zone shirts.  I found a cool place that makes shirts and I am super psyched about it but we will see what happens.  The district leader told me that we will just do it as a district if the zonis say no.

I contacted this guy in the street the other day and he told me that he wouldn't pay me 20Q to pray with him.  I told him that we weren't there to take money form him.  We then explain how the church that Jesus set up was free.  That the law of tithe exists but sometimes people who take your money for gain for themselves in a church isn't good.  At the end of the conversation we helped him to calm down a lot.  He knew that what we were saying made sense.  I have been giving the chance to explain tithe to a few people on the street.  All of the people here just know the officials of churches like rich people and thats just how it is to the people here.  Its super interesting how easy it is to show what apostasy is when people decide to talk about tithing.  I also like to teach by sometimes saying.... ¨I know the bible well.  I could start my own church. Id name it the honeyed word of God.  THen I could make lots of money.  I could make so much money just like the church officials that live down the street.  But I don't do it because I know that it is wrong.  I know that God has his ways of communicating with his children and that his church is very specific in its organization.¨.....  Sometimes people drop their jaws and realize what's happening. Every person that I have said that to really starts to listen.  I think that its because they start to see that us missionaries really are different than the others.  Just a cool story.

When I saw a picture of my three hermanos I was just blown away.  I come from a very good looking family!  It just weirded me out seeing three very tall and good looking kids.

Jonny, THe people here cant fish.  Theres no lake or river to fish from.  I have basically just seen wild dogs.  There are a few peope with huskies out here.  Cool stuff.  I try to avoid the market where they sell meats and fish.  It smells pretty bad.  Are you and jayman playing video games yet?

Jayden, That is super cool that you are able to write your convert still haha!  I feel like I wont have time to do that while I am still in the field.  Ill try to make time.  That sword that you have is pretty cool!  I will make sure to duel you when the time that we can cross swords comes.

Jenna! Just keep on with the old grind summer is around the corner.

Mom!!  Thank you so much for the fotos and the updates.  Its super fun seeing what you guys are up too.  your letters are awesome because they just are jam packed with information of whats going on in the house.

Love you guys!!!!!

Elder Miles


No comments:

Post a Comment