Translate to Spanish

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

#6 Last week at the CCM. (Leaving Sept. 2, 2014)

Hey fam!!   

Josh's CCM Group 
Hey that is great that you were able to get those pictures of me!   I just couldn't figure out how to send them to you quickly.  Hopefully, I will have my camera on the last day so I can show you the view out of my awesome new room!  It is just basically the the temple with the background of trees and buildings popping up in the mountainous/hilly background. The trees here are pretty thick and lush.

So here are the few things that have happened this week:

First the president of the CCM has been gone for the first four weeks here.  He is a hombre verdadero.  That guy is so crazy when it comes staying in shape that he ended up hurting himself and being in Utah for the past little while.  Now that he is back he can pump up the entire CCM with just about every word that he says.  Presedente Cox is just about the best thing about the CCM.  My teachers are really cool too.  One of them actually served in SLC and Tooele.  His English is really great.

I have now seen two shipments of new kids come out here. With this second group I got the group to play just a little prank.  I was able to amass an army of 25-30 guys who were willing to join in.  At the end of the day some new kids were going to be living in my room with me.  As we were having just a normal conversation I started to screech like a chimp.  This was the signal for the other guys to just charge into and cause a ruckus (not to much ruckus.)  Nobody got in trouble or offended) like a pack of apes.  It was just about the funniest thing that I have seen.  All the guys were willing to jump in because just about nothing happens around here and it was about time for some excitement.  Sheets were thrown off the beds and chairs were tossed and many sounds were made.  All in all it was rather successful at weirding out the two new guys in my room.

I got a new room this week.  My comp and I now live with only four other guys and have a bigger and better bathroom to share with the rest of the guys who share my hallway.  This is the new part of the CCM that we read about with regards to the new renovations. It is actually pretty nice for a place that is shared among like forty guys.  

This is my last time writing to you guys from the ccm.  I will be probably writing from my mission home.  I am really excited and also kinda sad.  I have met a ton of cool people here and I probably won't ever see them again.  Just like you people back at home,  ahha JK- but really ya I'm basically dead.  Today was my last time going to the Guatemala City  Temple.  I have really grown to love going to that place every week.  O well, now is the time for me to help to living.   

I think I have just gotten to the point in my Spanish where I'm beginning to understand how much I can't say or understand. I thought I was pretty good but now I understand that I talk like a four year old with a learning disability.  Yep, I'm basically going to have a rough go haha!  I'm way excited to be really tried with this though.  I came out here to do hard things and that is what I will do.  I just don't quite yet have the work ethic that I really want.  I'm working harder than I was last week but I still just need to learn how to just plow through every little unnecessary distraction.  Don't get me wrong I'm having a good time as well.  Remember that I was the kid who conducted the most exciting good natured prank that I have heard happen here at the ccm.

I enjoy my companion and my roommates. Some of the conversations that I have with my roomies are the best things here.  Every one here is just knows that there is actually a God.  It is good stuff.

That was funny hearing that I am a luxury to have around the house.  Tell you what, having a tv to relax once in a while is a blessing. There just aren't any good ways to wind down here. Journal, read, exercise a bit, pray talk, and sleep.  That is the CCM way.

Well I hope that the field will be really good.  It probably will be since I'll just be able to walk and greet a whole lot more than here.  I am just bracing for the storm that will be the field and spanish. It is a good thing that the spirit teaches because I sure as heck won't be able to say much haha.  I know that I will be fine and that everything that I do out in the field is going to make me better and a happier person at one point or another.  I've just gotta keep being obedient and be able to have the courage to let my bad spanish trickle out of my mouth.  Well I love you guys!!

God be with you,

Elder Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment